好歌听不厌

Friday, February 15, 2008

LOVE & EXPECTATION

In today's class, Dr Mary was talking about "Family Trends in the Future". During the discussion, we discussed about "Why a couple wanted to divorce?"
So, Sok answered money. It's sad to say but it's true, cause nowadays money is super very important. So, with no argue, we all agreed.
Next, my answer is expectation. I would think it is an important element to determine whether the couple can walk till the end of the journey. But Dr Mary do not agree with my point of view. She said:"love should expect nothing in return from him/her." I used to agree with it before, but as time passed by, i would say expecting nothing from him/her is like something missing between the relationship. (does this mean I'm getting older?)
i think my definition of "expectation" is different from Dr Mary. My expectation could mean the goal of our life, something like how life should be? What should we achieve in the different stages of life? and not to the extent that he should grab me the moon and sun. Haha...
So, what I mean here is that if we don't have the expectation that is in common, how can we co-ordinate between each other, or even with our family? (cause i always think that life after marriage does not belong only to two person. It involves both families. Therefore, i think that it's important that both must have more or less the same expectation so that things can be easier, now and forever!

No comments: